(from Toby's perspective)
- Attention licensed drivers of Massachusetts: Katharine Cabot is now one of you. Please be extra careful on the roads!
- "Emotion as a Service" launched today: http://www.affectiva.com/solutions/emotion-as-a-service/
- Spent an hour with Katharine and her new learner's permit circling the neighborhood clockwise (i.e., right-hand turns). Next weekend: left turns!
- After a brief illness, Jet
left us this morning. We miss him dearly, he was a very good boy.
- I've been programming for a very long time: OldBasicPrograms
- Affdex Discovery, the product that I've been working on for a few months, launched today! http://www.affdex.com/technology/affdex-discovery/ Oh well, it's since died.
- Vic and I drove out to Great Barrington to see Cowboy Junkies
. It was a great show, and I had forgotten what bass feels like. Too much listening through earbuds and not enough live music, I guess.
- Affectiva is going strong and we're releasing our Mobile SDK. See if you recognize one of the faces in the promo video: http://www.affdex.com/mobile-sdk
is in the news
! Unfortunately the Globe managed to get the co-founder's gender wrong, and confused the product name with the company name, but the piece is complimentary nonetheless.
- Started work at Affectiva
. They have a very interesting technology for detecting emotions from video of people's faces. It's nice to be back in a small company again.
- Tory will be going to St. Lawrence University
next year! She spent the night a couple of weeks ago and had a wonderful time. It has a strong community feeling to it so I think she will fit in.
- I just gave my two-week notice at MITRE
. Smart people and important work, but I'm just not well-suited to work for the government.
- a couple of videos describing my work over the past 18 months have been posted on Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jepSnkOIuzM
- Tory has been accepted to St. Lawrence University
and Hobart College
! We're planning to visit both in April and then she can decide where she wants to go.
- I upgraded the software that runs this site. Please let me know if anything behaves strangely.
- I can't say I'm sad to see the end of 2012. Here's to an uneventful 2013! (I said this a year ago. Hope springs eternal!)
WhatsNew2012 WhatsNew2011 WhatsNew2010 WhatsNew2009 WhatsNew2008 WhatsNew2007 WhatsNew2006 WhatsNew2005 WhatsNew2004 WhatsNew2003 WhatsNew2002 WhatsNew2001
, and... WhatsOld