- Happy Boxing Day! Tory is spending the week at an intensive driver's ed program. Wish she was as motivated about the SAT's.
- My Mom, Terry Cabot, died in late October after an 8-year battle with ovarian cancer. It's been a rough couple of years here at the Caboteria.
- First day of school! Woo hoo!
- We made it through tropical storm Irene with no damage, although both my Mom and Vicky's Mom lost power for a while.
- Katharine's at Camp Birch Hill
for the next two weeks. It's an old-fashioned overnight camp on a lake in NH. Tory's too old to be a camper, and she's too busy scooping at Ron's.
- I've been empaneled on a jury for a civil trial in Norfolk County Superior Court. I've been called for jury duty twice before but never chosen. It will be interesting to see how it works out. Update:
the trial took 6 days and, quite frankly, everybody lost (except for the lawyers).
- Tory tells me that I should update this log more often, so let's see if I do.
- Tory has a Summer job contributing to the American obesity epidemic at Ron's Ice Cream
in Dedham Square. Just kidding, Ron's is actually the 3rd best ice cream in the entire world. Tory is looking forward to having one powerful scooping arm and one shriveled little dinosaur arm by the end of the summer.
- My Dad, TonyCabot
, passed away in early February. I've added a few links to online remembrances of him on his page
Copyright © 2008-2017 by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding The Caboteria? Send feedback