(08 Dec 2012,
Representational State Transfer is the software architecture of the world wide web. You can use this architecture to build distributed systems - it's an alternative to SOAP (see
- the REST wiki
- don't make these mistakes
- the first in a series of good columns about building RESTful web services.
- discussion of best practices for API versioning.
RESTful bits and pieces:
- AS2: a specification about how to transport data securely and reliably over the Internet.
- OpenSearch: a collection of technologies that allow publishing of search results in a format suitable for syndication and aggregation.
- Google Data Protocol: a REST-inspired technology for reading, writing, and modifying information on the web.
- the "x-" prefix for internet content types is now considered deprecated.
Swagger (open source):
open standard machine-readable descriptions of restful web services
proprietary web app, nice markdown syntax for describing web services
I/O Docs (open source):
ore topic actions
Copyright © 2008-2017 by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding The Caboteria?